Ultima Home Care is hiring PSWs in your area today! Apply now to join our growing team of healthcare professionals that are making a real, lasting impact in our communities.
These positions involve travel as it is community visiting in 3 areas (Mississauga, Oakville and Etobicoke) only people who have a valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle will be considered. Please do not apply if you are unable to drive to Bristol Circle, located just off the 403 at the Mississauga/Oakville border, to pick up your schedule at the beginning of your shift and drop it off again at the end of your shift.
Do you want to work for a company that doesn’t just value your work but your time as well? Instead of mileage our staff get paid their full salary while travelling between clients. Most home care pays for direct patient care time only but we pay for ALL of your time during your shift from the time you pick up your client list to the time you drop it off at the end of your shift this includes travelling, phone calls, lunch etc. If you are stuck in traffic you are still getting paid $19/hr while sitting in the car listening to your favourite song.
Day shift first patient visit 6:30am-3pm and afternoon first visit 3pm-10:30pm.
We offer a competitive benefits package and pay $25-$50 towards your phone bill after a successful 3-month probationary period.
- Independent, Accountable, Punctual & Reliable!
- Cell phone with data to use our simple software to clock/out & check off completion notes
- Communicate effectively with our coordination staff with your availability.
- Can communicate effectively in English. Secondary languages are a huge plus!
- Personal Support Worker or Equivalent Certificate from recognized Canadian Institute
- MUST have a reliable vehicle and valid Ontario driver’s license. Insurance must be aware of vehicle being used for work and must have the standard $1 million liability
- Already possess a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check & Vulnerable Sector
- Valid CPR/first aid certification (or in the process of renewal)
- Understand care plans and determine ways to implement them effectively
- Assist patients with ambulation, ROM activities (as per care plan) and positioning.
- Provide them support in bathing, toileting, dressing and grooming, feeding and meal prep
- Light housekeeping; dusting, washing dishes, folding laundry & changing linens
- Provide emotional support to distressed patients and provide them with companionship
- Ensure patient dignity by keeping personal and medical information confidential
- Recognize emergency situations and escalation process and perform First Aid and CPR in dire circumstance
Once hired we offer a “recruitment bonus” for referring friends to work for Ultima Home Care. This is paid to you once they have completed their first shift with us.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 /hour
Language: English (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CPR (Required)
- PSW (Required)